Saturday, 14 May 2011

Sussex Square, 1911.

Photograph of Sussex Square, Haywards Heath, taken from Sussex Road in 1911.


This was before there was a roundabout or a wall in the middle of the square.

The green shop in the center of the photo was last a bicycle shop, before being demolished and replaced by the new Dorothy Perkins shop.
To the left of the green bicycle shop is South Road and to the right is Hazelgrove Road.

The brick wall on the right is the Priory and the start of Franklynn Road.

To see how Sussex Square looks100 years later,
see
http://markagius.co.uk/webpages/HH_TQ333234_photos.htm



No comments:

Post a comment